DDSL U-17M3 Aungier Celtic 0-2 Cabo

On a cold last Sunday afternoon away in Walkinstown Avenue Park both Cabinteely and Aungier Celtic gave a very good account of themselves with Cabinteely bringing home a 2-0 win over the home team. A grand turn out from both sides saw a very compelling and fast-paced match between two closely matched sides.

A late kick-off finally took place at 1.00pm, with the game starting very brightly for Cabinteely with both centre-backs Danny O’Hara and Adri Martinez preventing any shots being fired at goalkeeper Simon Gilthorpe.

With only fifteen minutes gone Cabinteely nicked their first goal, which came from a precisely picked-out pass from Jack Carrig to Kyle O’Keeffe who touched once and finished in the top left corner from just inside the opposition’s box.

Within five minutes of that first goal Diarmo Sexton made a quick break through the centre of the field, eventually being fouled a few yards outside the opposition’s box. Kyle O’Keeffe stepped up to try his chance at a second goal. He composed himself well and beautifully struck the ball into the bottom left corner to make it 2-0 to Cabinteely.

Cabo went straight into the second half expecting a big attempt from the home side to try get back into the game and it most definitely came with Aungier Celtic’s midfield now putting a lot more pressure on the middle men of Luke Allen, Diarmo Sexton and Kyle O’Keeffe.

Tackling from both sides started getting much heavier and the referee began to hand out cards, including three for Cabinteely players for dangerous or mis-timed tackles. Throughout the second half the home side struggled against the strong tackles of Cabo’s left and right backs, Conor May and Richard McSweeney.

Aungier Celtic then pushed for goal late into the second half with some fine attempts on goal, some as near at to scrape the post, but with spectacular saves from Simon Gilthorpe the game ended 2-0 to Cabo.

A good win and, more importantly, very consistent football from the entire team.