This year’s Darkness into Light walk takes place on Saturday
Our neighbour, Cabinteely Athletic Club, is delighted to remind you that this year’s Darkness into Light walk takes place next Saturday, May 11 – beginning in New Zealand!
This is a unique event and, on Saturday, thousands of people will be gathering in venues all over the world in support of Pieta House to help with their work for the prevention of self-harm or suicide.
See the DIL page dedicated to the second annual Kilbogget event and note the 2018 numbers – 2,000 participants and almost €90,000 raised! With your help, let’s exceed even those great numbers in 2019.
They’d appreciate your support in whatever way you can, whether you are a school, local business or neighbour. You can join the event on the night or by making a contribution, however small – it will all make a huge difference.
Cabinteely has shown great community spirit and commitment and we aim to make this walk a special and moving event with which we will be honoured to have been involved.
- Starting in darkness at 4.15am and finishing as dawn breaks at 5.30am.
- The 5km course will begin beside Seapoint RFC clubhouse.
- Parking in Kilbogget car park, with an overflow in the Tesco shopping centre.
- You may register by clicking here.
- Light refreshments will be available in the Seapoint RFC clubhouse after your walk – and you’ll be most welcome if you bring your own home-baked treats to share!
To get in touch with the club about participation and sponsorship, please send it an email message with your details.
You’ll need to set your alarm early for a good cause!